We have designed 2015 Adult camp to suit everyone, whether you a novice rider and just starting out, or a more competitive experienced rider competing dressage or SJ as we have international trainers for both disciplines. We have private lesson, semi private and group lessons of your choice on both Sat & Sun to suit your individual needs.
Adults Dressage/Show Jumping Camp Itinerary 29th-31st August 2015- £250 Itinerary:
Sat 29th August 9am Arrive.
Sat 29th, x2 lessons. You can choose one type of lesson for the morning and one type of lesson for the afternoon. Both lessons may be of the same type or different. There are 4 to choice from:
- 45min (2 riders) dressage lesson with Anna Davey. (riders of similar levels will be paired. On a surface) or
- 1hr group SJ lesson with John Gilbert (in effective group size, in the grass jumping paddock with a full set of show jumps) or
- 1hr group mini cross country (in effective group size also in the field) with John Gilbert
- 1/2hr private test riding clinic with Alison Paige (list 4 judge) (£10 extra charge) riders warm up for as long as you wish. You then ride the test of your choice and will be judged by Alison. Alison will spend 20min going through how your test riding can be improved for higher marks. You will then ride the test again with the added improvements. A brilliant exercise for everyone interested in dressage
Visit to Leahurst Equine Practice, Luke (equine vet) will kindly show us behind the scenes, viewing the operating theaters and some of the latest machinery in use at their extensive equine hospital. We are grateful to the University of Liverpool for allowing this unique and exciting experience.
1hr Dressage demonstration with Anna Davey on Two Mills Call Me Playboy her Grand Prix, International Dressage Horse
Sun 31st, x2 lesson. You can choose one of the following four types of lesson. You may choice 2 different types of lessons or 2 of the same:
- 45min (2 riders) dressage lesson with Anna Davey (international dressage rider). (riders of similar levels will be paired. On a surface) or
- 1hr group SJ lesson with Richard Jones (international show jumper) (in effective group size, in the grass jumping paddock with a full set of show jumps )
- 1hr group mini cross country (in effective group size, in the field) with John Gilbert
- 1hr group flat session with John Gilbert
- 30 min private jump lesson (£10 extra charge) with Richard Jones (International Show Jumper) (in the grass jumping paddock with a full set of show jumps)
1hr SJ demonstration with Richard Jones on one of his International Show Jumpers
2hr Natural Horsemanship Demonstration with Damian Jones
You can choose to either join in and compete in a dressage competition (indoors) or you can choose to compete in a SJ competition just for the campers in the jumping arena on grass.
late morning finish and go home
What else is included:
Non horse owners, we will provide you with a horse
Horse owners, we will provide you with a stable and a straw bed (shavings beds are available, however we will only provide 2 bales of shavings)
Breakfast (Sun & Mon),
Lunch (Sat & Sun),
hot and cold non-alcohol drinks.
We recommend that you bring your own alcohol 🙂
A tent, however you are welcome to bring your own accommodation, caravan, horsebox etc
Permanent shower and toilet block
We will email you a schedule/timetable just before camp starts with your exact timetable so that you know what you will be doing and so there won’t be any surprises.
What you need to bring
Body protector if you are choosing a cross country lesson
Blow up bed or similar camp bed or accomodation
Bedding, (sleeping bad and a duvet and pillow)
Towels for the shower
Those with their own horses need to bring, hay, feed tack etc as we will only provide a stable and use of the mucking out tools
If you need a shavings bed then you will need to bring a couple of bales of shavings
How to book?
You must pay a £50 deposit on booking (which is non refundable after 1.7.15). The balance must be paid before 1.8.15. Card or cash accepted. Please tel the riding school office to book Tue-Fri 9.30-6pm and book with Karen the secretary. We will then email you a booking form which must be filled in for each camper and returned.
Richard Jones will be coaching and giving a demonstration on one of his International Show Jumping horses Anna Davey will be coaching and giving a demonstration on her Grand Prix Dressage Horse