So many of us are now after the Christmas festivities looking at ways to stick to our New Years Resolutions with the main one of “getting fit” or you might have set yourself goals to achieve and looking to start or get back into Horse Riding? Well did you know Horse Riding brings many health benefits… yes its true Samir Becic, 4 times Number 1 Fitness Trainer in the world has said so! here are just some of them:
- Body Awareness: Horse riding really works the core muscles that stabilize the trunk: the abdominal, back, and pelvic muscles. However, it’s not just about the strength of the core, but the coordination and stability of it as well. The more you ride, the more the body learns to move with the horse.
- Quick Thinking: riding a large, powerful animal with a mind and agenda of its own is a full-body workout that will force you to engage muscles you didn’t know existed and be constantly adjusting to the form of the animal.
- Coordination: There are many movements that need to happen simultaneously while riding for the horse to be properly guided- this is what coordination consists of.
- Core Strength: Horse riding is an isometric exercise, which means it uses specific muscles to stay in certain positions, in this case, keeping balanced on the horse. Because of this, postural strength is very important when riding and the posture of riders improves even in day to day activities.
- Muscle Tone and Flexibility: Along with the core muscles, the inner thighs and pelvic muscles get the biggest workout as a rider positions himself or herself. Riders often have to maintain a squatting position while they ride, constantly adjusting to the cadence of the horse. This exercise helps with good overall muscle tone and flexibility.
- Stable Strength: Riding is not the only way this activity gives the body a workout. Working on a yard and taking care of a horse strengthens muscles and increases cardiovascular capacity.
- Mental exercise: There are so many mental benefits to horse riding. Not only do you really learn about yourself as you experience time on a horse but it can also have a meditative effect because for the time being, the only focus is on riding and staying on the horse. While horse riding is a great exercise, there is a real benefit in the connection with the animal and the peace of mind that comes with every ride.
Many people want to ride because they want to get fit, or get back into riding after having children. Others have suffered a loss of confidence but still have a deep love for horses and want to work on building confidence again. Younger riders often want to own their own horse or pony one day, and need to learn about horses and their care as well the riding, so whatever your reason for wanting to start riding again we can help you and work with you to achieve this.
Foxes Riding School are for the month of January going to offer New clients and clients who have not ridden with us for over 12 months an Introductory Offer to get back riding again, you can take advantage of a half price private lesson to get you going. All you need to do is click on the voucher link to download the voucher, fill it in and print it off so you have it when you come for your lesson to give in at the office… easy as that.
So if you’ve heard someone say they are considering Horse Riding or looking to start again, be sure to tell them about this half price offer!
Existing clients we don’t forget you! please keep your eyes out on our Facebook page for our discounted offers.
See you soon
The Foxes Team